Cancellation of the ESJ67 meeting
To reduce the risk of new coronavirus infections, the Ecological Society of Japan has decided to cancel the ESA 67 meeting that was planed to be held in Meijo University in Nagoya. As previously suggested, we will broadcast the awards ceremonies and awards lectures along the original program schedule through internet. We will announce details of the live broadcast later.
21st Feb. 2020
Jotaro Urabe, The president of the Ecological Society of Japan
Teruaki Hino, Chair of 67th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Japan
Shunsuke Utsumi, Chair of Annual Meeting Planning Committee
Cancellation policy for registration fee at 67th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Japan (ESJ67)
- Members who have paid the registration fee are considered to have participated in the conference even if they do not appear in the conference venue at Meijo University, and ESJ approves every abstract on the ESJ website as the official research presentation.
- The participation fee will not be refunded even if the ESJ67 is physically not held.
- If you would not to pay the registration fee by the last day of ESJ67, we will remove your abstract from our website, and the submitted study will not be approved as the official research presentation even if it remains in the ESJ67 program.
- Those who have not paid the registration fee are expected to pay the fee by the last day of the ESJ67 to keep the submitted abstracts on the ESJ website as the approved official research presentation.
The Ecological Society of Japan
* New site for payment of participation fee
For those who would like to pay the unpaid participation fee, we are currently establishing a new payment site. It will open around 25 February. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your patient.
To members of the Ecological Society of Japan
I appreciate your cooperation in the activities and management of the Ecological Society of Japan.
As for ESJ67 coming up in two weeks, I am afraid that many ESJ members are hesitating to participate in the ESJ67 meeting due to the ongoing situations of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemics in Japan. Since the annual meeting is an important event for the members, we would like to avoid the disadvantage of the members. However, it is impossible to weigh safety and health against research achievements. Therefore, we set the cancellation policy as above.
With this cancellation policy, even if you do not come to the venue, the presentation will be approved by ESJ. Accordingly, individual participants would be able to more reasonably judge the risk when you will come to the venue. ESJ can also secure the expenses that have already been incurred in the preparation of ESJ67.
It is very unfortunate that some ESJ members will not be able to have face-to-face discussions at the venue together because research will be improved and new ideas will emerge through such discussions. However, important notice is that we have not yet decided to cancel ESJ67 at this time. We will officially announce if the events will be held or cancelled before the end of this month. Good news is that even if the EJS67 will be cancelled, our meeting committee is planning to make a web conference where awards ceremonies are shown and awards lectures will be presented during the planned schedule of ESJ67. The web conference will be opened for everyone who has already paid the participation fee of ESJ67. I will let you know details of the web conference later.
Febuary 20, 2020
Jotaro Urabe, President of Ecological Society of Japan