Online Registration System
- Link to the online registration system for speakers, organizers, and audiences.
- It will be not possible to register on the days of ESJ68. Even if you will participate as an audience, please make sure to register as a participant by 23:59 (JST) on February 17, 2021(Wednesday).
- Please read carefully the "Overview" and "Session Proposal Guidelines".
- Application deadline for presentations and session proposals is 23:59 (JST) on November 2, 2020 (Monday).
- Please read carefully the Registration Manual.
- You can also apply here for a workshop ticket (valid for all workshops).
Click below for registration and application.
- If you are a regular member of the Ecological Society of Japan and wish to participate in the workshops only, you need to obtain a separate login ID via “Online Registration System” (add LINK here), instead of applying using your regular member ID. Please select "Non-member, Attend only workshops" to obtain a separate login ID. Please select “Attend only workshops* including audience [No presentation]" as the registration type in the system. You will be also asked to enter your information and pay the registration fee.
- If you are a non-member, please select "Non-member, Attend only workshops" from the “Online Registration System" and obtain an ID.
Registration Form for Undergraduate and Younger Students (Participants only as audiences)
- The registration fee is not charged for undergraduate and younger (junior high school and high school) students if they attend only as audiences. Registrations on the day of ESJ68 will be not possible. Please register below by February 17, 2021.
Click below to register.
- Speakers and organizers should register their sessions or presentations via the online registration system (to be available at the end of September). Please check the latest information on the website.
- Please carefully read each section “Session Proposals” and “Oral and Poster Sessions” for details on the application procedures for Symposia, workshops, and oral/poster presentations.
- Since the meeting will be held online, please make sure to thoroughly test your internet environment and the use of each tool before your presentation. Note that rehearsals for the sessions using Zoom will be scheduled before the meeting period. More details will be announced on the official website of ESJ68.
- We will not accept any applications received after the deadline. Please pay careful attention because any requested change or addition, even the correction of typos and/or illegible characters, will not be accepted after the deadline.
Qualifications for Applications
The qualifications for ESJ members and non-members to participate in the ESJ68 are as follows. As the qualifications for non-members are limited, we recommend the non-members to join the ESJ on this occasion. Regarding the limitation of overlapped presentations, please read “Session Proposals” and “Oral and Poster Sessions” for details.
|Presenters / membership||ESJ member||Non-member|
|Participating as an audience||✔||✔|
|Oral and poster presentations*1||✔|
|Organizer of a symposium or a workshop*2||✔|
|Speaker in a symposium*1||✔||✔*4|
|Speaker in a workshop*1||✔|
|Commentator in a symposium or a workshop*3||✔||✔|
- *1 Main speakers of the presentations. Co-authors don’t need to be ESJ members.
- *2 Co-organizers must also be ESJ members.
- *3 Commentators without abstract registration. As commentators with registered abstracts should follow the same quantification rules as presenters, ESJ membership is required by Monday, November 2, 2020.
- *4 Non-member speakers are limited to those participants invited by the organizer of the symposium. Please see the sections below about Criteria of symposium proposals.
- Those who are currently non-members of the ESJ but will be a speaker and/or an organizer must become a member before registration, and pay for their membership by February 17, 2021 (excepting the invited speakers in symposia). This is also applicable to those who re-join the ESJ due to failure to pay membership fees in previous years.
Participating as Audience
- Non-ESJ members can pay the registration fee to join the meeting as an audience member.
- Please apply for participation by February 17, 2021, and make the payment by March 1, 2021, via the online registration system (to be available at the end of September).
- If you wish to participate in workshops only, a workshop ticket is available for 1,000 yens. Please apply for your participation by February 17, 2021, and purchase your workshop ticket via the online registration system (to be available at the end of September).
- The registration fee is not charged for undergraduate and younger (junior high school and high school) students who attend as audience members. Since the registration on the days of ESJ68 will not be allowed, you must apply for your participation by February 17, 2021, using the registration form on the official ESJ68 website (not at the online registration system).
Registration Flow Chart
- At the ESJ 68, you CANNOT register on site. Please be sure to register the meeting by February 17, 2021 and make the payment before March 1, 2021. Note that all participants including undergraduate student and those who use the workshop ticket are required to register in advance.
- If you are going to attend only a workshop as an audience, you are required to pay for a ticket (1,000 yen) in advance, regardless of your membership.
- If you are a speaker of a forum, the registration is not necessary. If you do not attend any other sessions or presentations, no registrations are required.
- At the ESJ68, the banquet fee is free. No application is required.
Considerations for Persons with Disabilities
ESJ68 will observe the Act for Eliminating Discrimination Against Persons with Disabilities. Please contact us via the inquiry form if you need certain accommodations to be made. In case you give a presentation, please contact us by November 2, 2020, as much as possible.