*The deadlines had been extended to Feb 17th in consideration of any difficulties caused by the massive earthquake on the weekend.
For speakers and organizers who are NOT ESJ members
|Membership application (including re-registration of former members)||11:59 p.m. (JST), Monday, November 2, 2020|
|Payment of membership fee||Monday, February 15, 2021|
For admission procedures, please visit here
- After applying for your membership via the website, the ESJ Member Service Desk will notify you of a temporary member number. Please use this number for submitting proposals of presentations, symposia or workshops as described below.
- Membership applications are accepted at any time for participants who are not giving presentations. However, participants who wish to apply for presentations are first required to apply for a membership. Please note that the deadline for the proposals after finishing your membership procedure is 11:59 p.m. [JST], Monday, November 2, 2020.
For speakers and organizers who are ESJ members
|Proposals||Symposia||11:59 p.m. (JST), Monday, November 2, 2020|
|English Presentation Audience Award|
|Poster presentations by high school students|
|Abstract submissions||Symposia, Workshops, Oral/poster presentations||11:59 p.m. (JST), Monday, February 15, 2021|
|Poster presentations by high school students|
|Payments of registration fees||Monday, March 1, 2021|
- The schedule is subject to change. Please check the latest schedule on the ESJ68 official website
- We will not respond to any inquiries from 17:00 p.m. (JST) of the due date until 10:00 a.m. (JST) of the next day. Your early confirmation of the procedures would be appreciated.
- No changes and additions will be accepted after the deadlines.
Participating as an audience
|Registration due date||11:59 p.m. (JST), Monday, February 15, 2021|
|Payment of registration fees||Monday, March 1, 2021|
Registrations on the day of ESJ68 will be not possible. Regardless of the category of participation, please apply for your participation by 23:59 on February 15, 2021, and pay the appropriate registration fee by March 1, 2021 (Monday).
Fees and Payments
*Accounts for transferring money are different for membership fees and registration fees.
Admission (including re-admission) to the ESJ from 2021 is mandatory for participants giving presentations and/or organizers at the ESJ68. Please apply for an ESJ membership and pay the membership fee by February 15, 2021.
For current members, paying the 2020 membership fee by February 15, 2021, is required in order to give presentations and organizations at the ESJ68.
- We do not refund membership fees and we cannot change the applied admission year.
To apply for an ESJ membership, please see: https://esj.ne.jp/esj/English/join.html
Inquiries about admissions (excluding issues concerning the Annual Meeting)
ESJ Member Service Desk
358-5, Yamabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0801, Japan
Tel.: +81-3-6824-9381 Fax: +81-3-5227-8631
Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. to noon, 1–5 p.m. JST (closed on weekends and public holidays in Japan)
|Types of membership||Payment due date: February 1, 2021||Payment due date: March 1, 2021|
|Regular (including non-members)||7,000 yens||8,000 yens|
|Student (including non-members)||2,500 yens||3,000 yens|
- Registrations on the day of ESJ68 will be not possible. Please be sure to apply for your participation by February 15, 2021 (Monday) and complete the registration fee payment procedure by March 1, 2021 (Monday).
- The early registration fee is applicable to those who complete their payment by the due dates specified above. Please pay via the online payment system (the website will be accessible at the end of September).
- For the participation and banquet fees, the student rates are equivalent to those of the “young members without a regular income in 2021”, as recognized by the ESJ. Applicable students can state their status at the registration.
- If you wish to participate in workshops only, a workshop ticket is available for 1,000 yens. Please apply for your participation by February 15, 2021, and purchase your workshop ticket via the online registration system (to be available at the end of September).
- All undergraduate students or younger students who will participate as audience only are free of charge; this applies for both ESJ members and non-members. Please register your participation by February 15, 2021, using the form provided in the ESJ68 official website (separate from the online registration site).
- You may cancel your registration at no charge by Monday, February 1, 2021. No refunds will be given after that date.
ESJ68 will host a banquet meeting in online format using Zoom. There is no charge for this event. No registration is required. Details will be posted on the ESJ68 official website.