Please click here to access the portal site (Meeting venue).
The Organizing Committee of the 68th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Japan (ESJ68) and the Annual Meeting Planning Committee are planning to hold the ESJ68. Due to the concerns about the upheaval of COVID-19, the ESJ68 will be held online.
Online Tools Manual
- To ensure a smooth operation of the presentations, a rehearsal with a professional support staff will be offered.
- During a rehearsal, the support staff will explain how to use Zoom App, and if necessary, you can try out microphone and screen sharing features.
- If you are unsure about the operation of Zoom, please attend the appropriate date.
- The URL links for each rehearsal will be sent to the relevant participants by e-mail.
Time slots of Zoom rehearsal
- Tuesday, March 9,
- 10:00 - 11:00
- Wednesday, March 10,
- Since there are many new implementations, please read the information about the 68th Annual Meeting carefully, and check the latest information on the ESJ68 official website.
- Registrations on the day of ESJ68 will be not possible. Regardless of the category of participation, please apply for your participation by 23:59 on February 17, 2021.
- This time, we plan to limit the number of applications for the Poster Presentation Award in order to ensure a sufficient number of judges. Due to the online holding, for the English Presentation Award, it will be difficult to score and select a recipient as usual. Therefore, we will cancel the regular English Presentation Award and conduct the English Presentation Audience Special Award as an alternative. As the previous meeting ESJ67 in Nagoya was canceled due to COVID-19, we are pleased to announce free admission to the non-member speakers that were invited to the ESJ67. Please note that our partnership with the Molecular Biology Society of Japan (MBSJ) for joint meetings has already ended.
Overview of online holding and major changes
- We will use Confit Publication to prepare a portal site that will be the venue for ESJ68. Please visit the following link for the announcement of the portal site.
- Participants will be able to view the information and abstract of presentations of each session in the portal site. It will be also possible to link to Zoom, which is the venue for all meetings and oral presentations, and view the poster files in the site. A comment field will be provided for each presentation, which can be used for sessions of questions, comments and answers.
- All meetings and oral presentations will be conducted in real-time using the Zoom Webinar and Zoom Meetings. Poster presentations will be conducted in a format that allows participants to freely view the uploaded poster files during the meeting period of ESJ68. For details, please refer to the information for each session.
- Participants will need an individual ID and password to enter the portal site.The individual ID and password will be notified by email to those who registered as a participant to ESJ68 by February 17, 2021, and paid the registration fee by March 1, 2021.
- The portal site is scheduled to be released in early March. Please log in the site and check the operation method before the dates of ESJ 68.
- ESJ68 is the first online annual meeting of the Ecological Society of Japan. Since there are many changes, please read the information about the 68th Annual Meeting carefully before your registration to participate and apply for a presentation. Please check the latest information on the ESJ68 official website.
- It will be not possible to register on the days of ESJ68. Even if you will participate as an audience, please make sure to register as a participant by February 17, 2021, and pay the registration fee by March 1, 2021. Take special caution if you are an undergraduate student or younger who are not charged a registration fee, or if you will participate as audience using a workshop ticket.
- Speakers and organizers need to apply for their proposal via the online registration system (available around the end of September) by November 2, 2020. Non-ESJ members need the membership application by the same due date. For details, please see the various deadlines and information on participation and registration.
Portal Site Images
Presentation information page using Zoom (Symposum, workshop, oral presentation, etc.)
Presentation information page (Poster presentation)
Poster viewing (pre-uploaded poster)