Call for Papers
Call for Papers to a Special Issue of:
10th International Conference on Acid Deposition (Acid Rain 2020)
Manuscript submission deadline:
June 30, 2023 September 30, 2023
The Editorial Office of Ecological Research (ER) would like to call for papers for a special issue on the 10th International Conference on Acid Deposition (Acid Rain 2020) with the theme of “The Future Environment and Role of Multiple Air Pollutants". Papers presented in the 10th International Conference on Acid Deposition (Acid Rain 2020, https://www.acidrain2020.org/) and other papers (including Data articles) relevant to this theme are welcome.
All accepted papers will be published online and compiled in the special issue. ER is the official English language journal of The Ecological Society of Japan and publishes original papers on all aspects of ecology, in both aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. This journal is published from Wiley and indexed in SCIE (Science Citation Index Expanded) with an impact factor of 2.056 in 2021, and the authors whose papers are accepted can publish free of charge (OA option is also available).
The topic covers issues not only specific to acid rain but also a wide range of scientific topics relating to various air pollutants, including ozone, particulate matters, etc. The list of conference topics is shown in the conference web page (https://www.acidrain2020.org/theme-topics).
Especially, the following topics will match the scope of this special issue.
- Effects of Atmospheric Deposition and Multiple Pollutants on Terrestrial Ecosystems (including biodiversity, ecosystem functions, physiology, microbes, etc.)
- Effects of Atmospheric Deposition and Multiple Pollutants on Aquatic Ecosystems (including biodiversity, ecosystem functions, physiology, etc.)
- Recovery from Acidification and Altered Sulfur Dynamics in Ecosystems
- Biogeochemical Cycling and its relation to acidification in Ecosystems
- Acid deposition impacts on urban ecosystems
- Effects of acid deposition on carbon cycle
- Environmental Isotopes in Acid Rain
- Ecosystem Management and Restoration in Response to Air Pollutant Impacts
The Guidelines for Authors for submitting a manuscript can be found on the website of ER. The deadline for manuscript submission is
June 30, 2023 September 30, 2023. Manuscripts submitted after the deadline are considered only when the space is available. The targeted publication date is December 2023.
If there are any questions, please feel free to contact us at ecores[@]"esj.ne.jp (change "[@]" to "@"") .
- Dr. Marco Ferretti (Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL)
- Dr. Yunting Fang (Institute of Applied Ecology CAS)
- Dr. Atsushi Kume (Kyushu University)
- Dr. Makoto Watanabe (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology)
- Dr. Hiroyuki Sase (Asia Center for Air Pollution Research)
- Dr. Yasutomo Hoshika (IRET-CNR, Italy)
- Prof. Nobuhito Ohte (Kyoto University)